September 8, 2021
We know Pinky McKay as a best selling author, Australia’s most recognised and respected breastfeeding experts - but there is so much more about this amazing woman’s journey.
Today we talk about the fearless nurse who was a natural born leader from a very young age. We learn about how her mischievous nature led her to become an icon for mothers everywhere.
You’ll need a big cuppa for this episode as we dive deep into many aspects of pre and postnatal topics for mumma’s.
This episode is for you if you want to know more about:
- becoming a mother and having a baby in newborn intensive care unit (NICU)
- breast pumps throughout the years
- breast feeding, blocked ducts and breastfeeding culture
- finding your own ‘village’
- La Leche League
- working mums in a corporate world
- parenting books & literature
- how women prepare for birth throughout the generations
- birthing your placenta
- postpartum haemorrhage
- trusting your motherhood instincts - how do you know when they aren't saying anything?
- ‘surrender’ - what if you just can’t?
- postpartum doula
- caring for mums during COVID-19
- birth trauma
- ‘baby blues’, anxiety, postnatal depression and birth trauma
- how we make birth better for our girls
- pelvic organ prolapse, vaginal tears, episiotomy
- Mums and Bubs Unit for mental health
LINKS FOR YOU
Grab yourself a cuppa from Madame Flavour and use code BRAVE20 to receive 20% off your first order.
FREE first Chapter of Sleeping Like a Baby
FREE ebook, Making More Mummy Milk, Naturally
HELP & SUPPORT
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Open 3pm to midnight, 7 days a week
PANDA National Helpline: 1300 726 306
Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 7.30pm
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Host - Stephanie Thompson
Executive Producer & Editor - Dave Stokes
Podcast logo artist - Khrystyna lukashchuk
Brand Designer - Brodie-Rose
Original Soundtrack - Steven Robinson